Thursday, July 1, 2010

A beer bong for the lady?

My friends and I have an IM blast (a static chat room) that we share. There's a lot of funny shit on there that should be shared with the rest of the world. There's also a lot of funny shit on there, that should not be shared. Additionally, everyone in that group also happens to be in the 'tech' industry.

I've always thought about blogging stuff in the past. It's my intention to use this blog as the initial dumping ground for lots of random thoughts, but primarily, some technical solutions broken down into redneck speak that everyone can understand, and some rantings about stuff in the tech world that I find ridiculous/funny.

Here's my up front disclaimer:
- I'm going to curse a lot, and say lots of fucked up shit.
- I am by far... not even close to being a good sysadmin. I realize that. I do some really dumb shit that I look back on and say.. 'holy crap, that was some really dumb shit'.
- I'm most likely NOT going to post the most eloquent solutions or ideas for technical shit. There's a lot of technical people out there who lack adequate social skills to know that engaging in some kind of nerd fight to show how technically badass you might be, actually makes you look like an unfuckable monkeytard. If you have good suggestions, post them, but don't try to act like some kind of cock-jedi that spent the weekend writing your own custom kernel to improve the accuracy of NTP. I don't fuckin care about that shit.
- I'm not racist. I don't hate gay people. I don't hate the handicapped. I'm an equal opportunity cut-on-everyone-including-myself kind of person. If I don't explicitly say I'm hating on someone or something or some group, I'm not. Don't read into my cynicism that much.
- If you don't like the blog. Don't fucking read it.

I'm hoping my first 'technical' post will be about some work I'm doing using the open source sphinx indexing stuff, to essentially build a redneck splunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment